The Woodlands TX Spousal Support Attorney

Spousal Support and Spousal Maintenance

In a Texas divorce when one party seeks alimony or spousal support the law and courts take into account many of the following factors:

  • How long have you been married?
  • How old is the person seeking support?
  • What is the level of education of the person seeking support?
  • What is the ability of the person seeking support to support themselves?
  • What is the income level of both spouses?
  • Was there domestic violence during the marriage?
  • Is one spouse disabled?
  • Was there domestic violence in the marriage?

Temporary Spousal Support

During a pending divorce, it is possible to immediately seek temporary spousal support. Temporary spousal support can be ordered for the time that the case is pending in the court system.Courts generally order this to be paid to the lower income spouse.

Experience on Your Side

The law office of C. L. Crawley Jr., P.C., has been representing clients on both sides of support matters for more than four decades. Our lawyer has the knowledge , the understanding of the issues involved and the ability to fully and aggressively protect your rights.

Honest, Straightforward and Effective

Attorney C. L. Crawley Jr. is known in The Woodlands and nearby Houston for his honest, skilled and knowledgeable representation of his clients. His work has earned him an AV-rating* among his peers. He will help you understand your rights, explain your legal options and keep you focused with realistic expectations throughout all aspects of a divorce, including high net worth divorces involving complex financial issues.

To receive spousal maintenance or support in Texas after your divorce is final, you must have been married at least ten years. As is the case with other financial matters in a divorce, the courts weigh the need for support and the facts that either support or deny the claim for spousal support. The courts seek to effect a fair, workable solution, not to punish one or the other spouse.

Minimize Stress — Find Solutions

If you have questions or would like to speak to us about your spousal support, child support, property division or other family law concerns in an initial consultation, please call or e-mail the law office of C. L. Crawley Jr., P.C. today: (281) 362-8181.