Parental Relocation/Interstate and International Child Support and Custody

Parental Relocation Lawyer in The Woodlands, Texas

Relocation has become an issue that effects Texas families as more parents seek to move out of state or even out of the country. There are many reasons for a relocation including, a better-paying job, furthering education, moving closer to family, or remarrying.

If you are a custodial parent seeking to relocate, or you are the noncustodial parent who wants to prevent your child from moving so far away, our law firm can provide you with the guidance and advocacy that you need.

Your Family Matters. Protection When Life Changes. Call: (281) 362-8181. E-Mail Us.

Texas courts presume that it is in the best interest of the child to have both parents involved in the chid’s life. Relocations are hard on both parents and children. These issues must be creatively and insightfully resolved, with a firm and sound emphasis on acting in accordance with the child’s best interest.

Resourceful, Knowledgeable Advocacy

Our law firm has been handling custody, modification and interstate and international relocation matters for more than 45 years. We know the law and we know how to apply the facts of our client’s situation in a compelling manner before the judge.

  • Can we expand the visitation schedule so that the noncustodial parent has the child less frequently but for longer visitation periods?
  • Is it possible to make the person who is moving responsible for the transportation costs to bring the child back regularly?
  • How can we make a tough situation work for our client and the child?

Interstate and International Custody and Child Support Law

Attorney C. L. Crawley Jr. represents clients facing laws set by the Hague Convention for international child custody matters. He also handles interstate custody and support matters through the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) and the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and enforcement Act (UCCJEA) Act. These provide a legal means for custody and support matters to be enforced throughout the United States.

Initial Consultation Now

When you need timely, innovative, knowledgeable and skilled legal counsel about parental relocation, interstate custody, international/Hague Convention custody or other family law matters, please call or e-mail the law office of C. L. Crawley Jr., P.C. today to schedule a helpful first meeting: (281) 362-8181.